We all need a bit of inspiration sometimes and, for me, today was one of those days. So I put on some good music and I look to the free-thinkers, ground-breakers, earth-shakers who have acted on their visions to make things happen.
These are some quotes that are resonating with me today…….
1. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” —Maya Angelou
2. “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” - Steve Jobs
3. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” —Amelia Earhart
4. “She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. 'Time' for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.” - Roman Payne
5. “Always tell yourself that you are as good as anyone that breathes; that you have two hands and a brain, and a little time in which to use them. But they are enough, and no one has any more. And if you train and force them to serve you well, you can reach any height to which you aspire. But to waste any of them is to betray yourself.” - Robert M. Stroud
6. “Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace.” - W.H. Murray.....I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE this one - "Action has magic, power and grace" there's so much power and positivism in those words.....
7. “When I dare to be powerful - to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” - Audre Lorde
8. “People do not wander around and then find themselves at the top of Mount Everest.” - Zig Ziglar
9. “As I get older I see that running has changed for me. What used to be about burning calories is now more about burning up what is false. Lies I used to tell myself about who I was and what I could do, friendships that cannot withstand hills or miles, the approval I no longer need to seek, and solidarity that cannot bear silence. I run to burn up what I don't need and ignite what I do.” ― Kristin Armstrong, Mile Markers: The 26.2 Most Important Reasons Why Women Run
10. “You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.” ― Henry Ford